What I Do
Since Graduating from Glasgow School of Art in 2013 with a degree in Silversmithing and Jewellery I have organically developed a portfolio career spanning Jewellery and Object design and making, teaching, craft development and curatorial practice.
Ethical Art Objects and Jewellery
I use Fair Trade recycled metals along with found rocks I collect throughout the UK.
Interested in the way people interact with objects, my designs are often transformable or component based, allowing the work to be worn and exhibited with multiple possibilities.
Keep up to date with my latest work, inspiration, class information and commissions on Facebook and Instagram.
O-PiN. established in 2013 is a project I have developed and directed with Soizig Carey. We are interested in sharing jewellery and objects in engaging and unconventional ways. Through curating, exhibiting and delivering educational workshops, we share making and creative processes to inspire and facilitate learning for all ages and groups. We particularly encourage accessibility in the arts and the use of material exploration with an emphasis on renewable sources.
- Glasgow School of Art
- National Museums of Scotland
- Craftspace, Birmingham
- Glasgow Life
- Gallery of Modern Art Glasgow
- Dick Institute, Kilmarnock
- Fife Contemporary
- Secondary Schools
- Primary Schools
Full CV with further details available on request.
Awards and Exhibitions
- 2018 Visual Arts and Craft Maker Bursary, Creative Scotland and Glasgow Life
- 2016 Eaton Fund
- 2013 Deutsche Bank award for Creative Enterprise
- 2013 Goldsmiths Bursary, Goldsmiths Centre London.
- 2010 Walsh Prize
- 2009 Niessing Jewellery Prize
- 2008 Niessing Jewellery Prize
- 2018 Elements, Lyon and Turnbull, Edinburgh.
- 2017 O-PIN Collab, The Briggait, Gasgow.
- 2016 Shapes, The Briggait, Glasgow.
- 2015 The Making Room, WASPS curated exhibition. Southblock, Glasgow
- 2015 transFORM, Craft Town Scotland, West Kilbride
- 2015 The Details Collaboration with Gordon Douglas, CCA gallery, Glasgow
- 2014 Meet your Maker, Crafts Scotland, Dunoon Burgh Hall
- 2014 New Designers One Year ON, Islington Design Centre, London
- Shine 2013, Goldsmiths Centre, London, UK
- 2013 Deutsche Bank Awards Ceremony, RCA Dyson Building, London
- 2013 GSA Graduates, Burgh Hall, Dunoon
- 2013 BA Hons Silversmithing and Jewellery,GSA
- 2011 1 Term Exchange, Hiko Mizuno, Tokyo, Japan
- 2008 – 2010 HND Cardonald College