Make Your Own Wedding Rings
The ultimate unique ethical wedding ring.
If you would like to make your own mark in the creative process and making of your wedding rings, come and join me in my Glasgow studio where i will guide you through the process of designing and creating your own rings from Fair Trade Gold or Recycled silver.
Use one of the following techniques to make your rings
- Forging and hand fabricating
- Cuttlefish casting
- Wax carving then industrial casting process* (*unfortunately cannot use your own metal for this option)
Things to consider
- Shape and profile. Lots of possibilities, examples will be shown during the consultation.
- Metal – Recycled Silver (included in price), Bring your own gold to recycle** Fairtrade 9ct yellow or white gold or 18ct Yellow, White, Green or Rose Gold. (Supplied at an extra cost depending on gold prices, contact me for up to date estimates)
- Finishes – highly polished, satin, matte, sandblasted, oxidised (blackened finish that only applies to silver).
Included in the cost
- Expert 1 to 1 guidance throughout the whole process
- 1 hour consultation to plan out metals and decide upon materials and techniques (at least 1 week prior to allow for Fair Trade metal sourcing)
- 4 hour workshop to make the rings
- Lunch on workshop day
- Celebratory Fizz (only after all the tools are down)
Contact me beforehand to confirm available dates before purchasing.
*Unfortunately cannot use your own metal for this option
**Any Scrap metal supplied by participants must be identifiable with a hallmark to authenticate the metal grade. 925 = silver, 750 = 18ct gold, 375=9ct gold. If your not sure then get in touch and i will help identify. We will also have to make sure there is enough to make the bands, additional gold can be purchased.